Thevetia - Cascabela thevetia | 60cm to 120cm
Cascabela thevetia, commonly known as yellow oleander or lucky nut, is a highly ornamental shrub or small tree that is native to tropical and subtropical regions of North and South America. This evergreen plant is highly valued for its showy yellow flowers and attractive foliage, making it a popular choice for landscaping and ornamental gardening.
The Cascabela thevetia plant grows up to 6 meters in height, with a dense, bushy canopy of dark green, glossy leaves. Its large, trumpet-shaped flowers bloom in clusters, and are typically bright yellow, although some varieties may have orange or peach-colored blooms. The flowers give way to pear-shaped fruits that contain highly poisonous seeds.
In addition to its ornamental value, Cascabela thevetia has a long history of use in traditional medicine. Its leaves, bark, and seeds contain powerful cardiac glycosides, which have been used to treat a variety of ailments, including heart conditions and parasites. However, it is important to note that the plant is highly toxic, and all parts of the plant should be handled with extreme care.
- Light: Cascabela thevetia requires full sun to partial shade to grow and flower properly.
- Watering: Water the plant regularly, but do not overwater as it can lead to root rot. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again.
- Soil: The plant prefers well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter. It can tolerate a wide range of soil types, including sandy, loamy, and clay soils.
- Fertilizer: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer during the growing season to promote healthy growth and flowering.
- Pruning: Prune the plant in early spring to remove any dead or damaged branches and to shape it. Wear gloves and protective clothing when pruning as the plant is highly toxic.
- Pests and diseases: The plant is generally resistant to pests and diseases, but keep an eye out for spider mites and aphids. Treat any infestations immediately with an appropriate insecticide.
- Toxicity: All parts of the Cascabela thevetia plant are highly toxic if ingested.
Origin: West Indies.
How long will it take to deliver this product?
Orders are normally shipped within 3 working days. We will contact you if there are any further delays in shipping your order.
Our Shipping Policy
- 2 to 3 Day Delivery only in Dubai, Sharjah & Ajman. Free Delivery on orders over AED 99 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 20 applicable otherwise).
- Saturday Delivery only in Abu Dhabi. Free Delivery on orders over AED 199 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 30 applicable otherwise).
- Shipping charges will be applicable for other Emirates.
- All shipped orders are handled by our reliable logistics partners.
- If you wish to ever return this product, we must recommend you retain the original manufacture’s packing.
If you need assistance with shipments, please feel free to contact our customer service on +971 56 3883 123 (Saturday to Thursday between 9:00am to 6:00pm) or email us at [email protected]