Sea Purslane - Sesuvium Portulacastrum | Ground Cover
Sesuvium Portulacastrum, also known as sea purslane, is a succulent plant native to coastal areas of the Americas. It is a low-growing, sprawling plant that is often used in landscaping as ground cover or in rock gardens. The plant is known for its fleshy, oval leaves that are green in the summer and turn a reddish-purple color in the winter. The plant is tolerant of salt, making it ideal for planting in coastal areas. It is also drought-tolerant, making it a low-maintenance choice for xeriscape gardens. In addition to its ornamental uses, sea purslane is also used for erosion control and as a salt-tolerant food crop in some regions.
- Light: Full sun.
- Water: Infrequent watering, allowing soil to dry out between waterings.
- Soil: Well-drained, sandy soil.
- Fertilizer: Rarely needs fertilization, but can be fertilized with cactus fertilizer once a year.
- Pruning: Prune occasionally to maintain shape and control spreading.
- Pests/Diseases: Resistant to pests and diseases, but may be susceptible to root rot if overwatered.
- Hardiness: USDA hardiness zones 8-11.
- Propagation: By stem cuttings or division of established clumps.
How long will it take to deliver this product?
Orders are normally shipped within 3 working days. We will contact you if there are any further delays in shipping your order.
Our Shipping Policy
- 2 to 3 Day Delivery only in Dubai, Sharjah & Ajman. Free Delivery on orders over AED 99 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 20 applicable otherwise).
- Saturday Delivery only in Abu Dhabi. Free Delivery on orders over AED 199 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 30 applicable otherwise).
- Shipping charges will be applicable for other Emirates.
- All shipped orders are handled by our reliable logistics partners.
- If you wish to ever return this product, we must recommend you retain the original manufacture’s packing.
If you need assistance with shipments, please feel free to contact our customer service on +971 56 3883 123 (Saturday to Thursday between 9:00am to 6:00pm) or email us at [email protected]