Rosemary - Rosmarino | Seeds
Days to Maturity: 42 from transplant
Rosemary used to be difficult to germinate, and gardeners would have to plant many, many extra seeds to be assured of success. That has all changed with the advent of multiseed pellets, which bring you 5 fresh rosemary seeds in every pellet. Now, you can expect sprouts from every planting?and once rosemary sprouts, it’s off and running, ready to harvest in under two months.
Use these seeds?in containers or the garden. Although rosemary is perennial in warm climates, it is easily grown as an annual everywhere, because it matures quickly and provides such beauty as well as edible foliage for fresh and dried use as an herb. It is even useful for shaping into a little holiday tree?and it will perfume any room deliciously.
Quickly reaching 12 to 24 inches high and wide, rosemary has a naturally well branched, dense form and very slender, sage green, needle-like leaves. The stems are quite woody, and older plants (where it is perennial) resemble miniature shrubs.
The foliage is best harvested for cooking purposes before the plant blooms, but you will probably want to grow a few extra rosemary plants just for the blue summer flowers. A true edible ornamental, rosemary belongs on every patio, deck, and porch where full sunshine can nourish it. And it’s quite water-saving, asking only for an occasional drenching once it reaches full size in summer.
Space plants 12 to 18 inches apart in the bed or border for dense coverage, and if you are growing rosemary where it is perennial. It needs excellent soil drainage and regular watering during spring growth the first year, and afterwards is quite heat- and drought tolerant. Such a delight.
- Genus: Rosmarinus
- Species: officinalis
- Item Form: (P)?Pkt of 30 seeds
- Days to Maturity: 42
- Habit: Mound-shaped
- Seeds Per Pack:?30
- Plant Height: 12 in – 24 in
- Plant Width: 12 in – 24 in
- Additional Characteristics: Pest Fighter,?Rose Companions,?Evergreen,?Fragrance,?Herbs,?Bloom First Year,?Butterfly Lovers,?Easy Care Plants,?Edible
- Bloom Color: Blue
- Foliage Color: Medium Green
- Harvest Season:?Winter Early Summer,?Late Summer,?Mid Summer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry,?Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Drought Tolerant, Disease Resistant,?Heat Tolerant,?Humidity Tolerant,?Pest Resistant
- Soil Tolerance: Clay,?Normal, Loamy,?Poor,?Sandy
- Uses: Border,?Containers,?Cuisine,?Foliage Interest,?Beds,?Outdoor,?Ornamental
How long will it take to deliver this product?
Orders are normally shipped within 3 working days. We will contact you if there are any further delays in shipping your order.
Our Shipping Policy
- 2 to 3 Day Delivery only in Dubai, Sharjah & Ajman. Free Delivery on orders over AED 99 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 20 applicable otherwise).
- Saturday Delivery only in Abu Dhabi. Free Delivery on orders over AED 199 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 30 applicable otherwise).
- Shipping charges will be applicable for other Emirates.
- All shipped orders are handled by our reliable logistics partners.
- If you wish to ever return this product, we must recommend you retain the original manufacture’s packing.
If you need assistance with shipments, please feel free to contact our customer service on +971 56 3883 123 (Saturday to Thursday between 9:00am to 6:00pm) or email us at [email protected]