Peppermint | Seeds
Days to Maturity: 73 from direct sow
No herb or kitchen garden is complete without mint, and peppermint adds a festive note to the display, evoking the holidays and filling the air with its fresh, clean scent when rubbed. Give it a go from seed this season and delight your friends with little peppermint seedlings for the holidays!
Strongly aromatic peppermint can be used in both cooking – in drinks, salads, and baked goods – and in potpourri and other fragrant decorative items.
Peppermint is a perennial, reaching 3 feet tall in the garden (much smaller in pots and indoors), and spreading just as far as you will let it. It offers smooth, lance-shaped 3-inch leaves, bright green with purple tints around the edges. In summer, spikes of lilac-pink flowers top the foliage, attracting bees into the garden. Give it sunshine and good soil drainage; it will do the rest.
Like all the mints, peppermint can be invasive. If you want to cover hot, sunny soil, it’s invaluable, but if your space is limited or you want to plant other things nearby, you are much better off confining peppermint to a container. It grows wonderfully, and you will not only have plenty to harvest, but enough to give friends cuttings so that they can start their own mint gardens.
Peppermint will be ready to pick on an as-needed basis about 3 weeks after transplanting; it grows so quickly that you never have to worry about taking too much, as long as you leave a few green leafy stems on the plant!
- Genus: Mentha
- Species: x piperita
- Item Form: (P)?Pkt of 100 seeds
- Bloom Start to End:?Early?Summer
- Days to Maturity: 73
- Fruit Color: Green
- Habit: Spreading
- Seeds Per Pack: 100
- Plant Height: 3 ft
- Additional Characteristics: Bloom First Year,?Cut-and-Come-Again,?Easy Care Plants,?Edible,?Flower,?Fragrance,?Herbs,?Indoor Growing,?Pest Fighter,?Pruning Recommended
- Bloom Color: Purple
- Foliage Color: Dark Green,?Purple
- Harvest Season:?Early Summer, Late Summer,?Mid Summer, Winter
- Light Requirements: Full Sun,?Part Shade
- Moisture Requirements: Moist, well-drained
- Resistance:?Disease Resistant,?Heat Tolerant,?Pest Resistant
- Soil Tolerance: Normal, Sandy
- Uses: Border, Containers, Cuisine, Foliage Interest, Ground Cover, Outdoor
How long will it take to deliver this product?
Orders are normally shipped within 3 working days. We will contact you if there are any further delays in shipping your order.
Our Shipping Policy
- 2 to 3 Day Delivery only in Dubai, Sharjah & Ajman. Free Delivery on orders over AED 99 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 20 applicable otherwise).
- Saturday Delivery only in Abu Dhabi. Free Delivery on orders over AED 199 + (Flat Shipping fee of AED 30 applicable otherwise).
- Shipping charges will be applicable for other Emirates.
- All shipped orders are handled by our reliable logistics partners.
- If you wish to ever return this product, we must recommend you retain the original manufacture’s packing.
If you need assistance with shipments, please feel free to contact our customer service on +971 56 3883 123 (Saturday to Thursday between 9:00am to 6:00pm) or email us at [email protected]