Share this Product
Carissa Grandiflora, also known as Natal plum or large num-num, is a dense, evergreen shrub native to South Africa. It is known for its glossy green leaves and fragrant, white flowers that bloom year-round. The plant produces edible, red or purple fruit that is high in vitamin C. The plant is popular in landscapes as a hedge or specimen plant due to its attractive foliage and flowering habit. It is also used for its ability to withstand salt spray in coastal areas. Carissa Grandiflora is a low maintenance plant that is well-suited for warm, sunny locations.
- Light: Full sun to partial shade.
- Water: Low water needs, drought-tolerant.
- Soil: Well-drained soil, tolerant of a wide range of soil types.
- Fertilizer: Infrequent fertilization, if desired, use balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning: Prune as needed to control size and promote branching.
- Pests/Diseases: Resistant to pests and diseases, may be susceptible to scale insects.
- Hardiness: USDA hardiness zones 9-11.
- Propagation: By seed or stem cuttings.
Goes Well With